NHRA Sport Compact World Finals 21/10/2007

การสนทนาใน 'Drag Racing' เริ่มโดย TUMKUNG_naraka, 22 ตุลาคม 2007

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. TUMKUNG_naraka

TUMKUNG_naraka New Member Member

Xplod Series champions crowned in exciting fashion
    21/10/2007

POMONA, Calif. Four of the champions of the Xplod Sport Compact Racing Series were crowned during eliminations on Sunday at the NHRA Sport Compact World Finals.

Auto Club Raceway at Pomona was the place to be for Gary Gardella (Pro FWD), Brent Rau (Modified), Kenny Tran (Hot Rod), and Norris Prayoonto (Honda Tuning Magazine All Motor) as they all won their first career world championships. Brad Personett who won his championship in Pro RWD two weeks ago walked away with the event win.

Gardella won his first championship in a tight battle with his rival, Marty Ladwig. It went to the final round where Ladwig still had a chance to win his third championship, but he needed to win the final round and set the record. Gardella tried to hold off Ladwig, but couldnt as Ladwig won the race. Fortunately for Gardella, Ladwig could not run a record time, and he won his first championship in seven years of racing on the Xplod Series.

Im excited, said Gardella. All season long we had a rough time. We picked up the pace at Atco and Las Vegas where we had runner-up finishes. This was an awesome job by my Red Bull/Dupont Chevy Cobalt crew. I knew that it was too hot for Marty (Ladwig) to run the record. I lost the final round, but I won the championship. For seven years we have worked really hard and I didnt think it would happen this year because we had a new car and a new engine. The team just really meshed, and without the teamwork I could not have won the championship. I want to thank my family, especially my wife Megan. There are so many sponsors to thank; Red Bull, Dupont, County Line Auto Body, Precision Turbo, Ecotec, K&N, NGK, Stefs, Manley, elf, Mickey Thompson, and VP.

Ladwigs win was his third of 2007 in his Lucas Oil Chevy Cobalt. He was able to beat Gardella with a time of 7.33 seconds at 199.43 mph to Gardellas 7.48 at 194.44.

It was nice to end the season with a win, said Ladwig. We came out to set the record, but couldnt do that. It was a big thrash between round because we had to change the engine. I want to thank the crew who worked hard all year.

Rau won his first championship by merely staging his car in the first round of eliminations. He was in his first year racing the Xplod Series. He was also looking to close out the season by winning the event, but he had a pedal fest with Ken Scheepers and his Mazda. Rau broke his transmission and Scheepers blew his engine, and then the fans had to wait and see which car had the power to make it to the finish line first. Scheepers had the coasting power in his car.

This feels awesome to come out and win with the competition that is in this category, said Rau. We missed a race due to electrical problems, but then cam out and set the record three times, Englishtown twice and Indy. I overcame the obstacles of having the smallest turbo and the 250 pounds that were added to my car. We still came out on top. I want to thank NHRA for giving us a safe place to race and a nice venue to put on a show. I want to thank my crew and family for putting up with me and traveling all those hours. I want to thank ACT, Borg Warner, and Magnus Motorsports for all their help.

Scheepers gained his fourth win of the year when he beat Rau in the final.

It turned out well, said Scheepers. A win is a win no matter how they come. I am proud of all the accomplishments I had this year.

Tran is another racer who has waited a long time to see his dream of a winning a championship come true. He came into the event thinking that he needed a miraculous weekend. His chief rival Stephanie Eggum had the hold on the points lead and anything short of winning the event and setting a record is all Tran could think about. All that changed when Eggum lost the first round when her car experienced mechanical problems and could not move off the starting line. Tran had the championship locked up when he defeated Chuck Seitsinger in the semifinals. Unfortunately he damaged his engine and couldnt make it to the final round to face Eric Del Rosario.

This is great, said Tran. It has been a long time coming. I didnt know what to expect, because coming into the event I thought I had to win the event and get the record to overcome Stephanie (Eggum). We were behind coming into this event. The opportunity to win opened up when she lost in the first round. Thats when I realized we had a chance. I cant say enough about the sponsors who have stuck with us like Q, Nitto, Scion, Arias, Powder, Rev, Garrett, Full race, Web Cam, V&M, Gato and Sparkle. I also want to thank my family and friends that supported us at this race. It was truly a great experience.

In the final round Eric Del Rosario ran a single to win his first NHRA Wally Trophy with his Acura.

This proves for all those underdogs that it can be done, said Del Rosario. I tell people to come out and race, and they say, Oh, well have to race Stephanie or Kenny. It proves that you dont need to be afraid of the big dogs. This is the biggest trophy at the biggest event. It is unbelievable. Today was our day.

Another first time champion was Prayoonto in Honda Tuning Magazine All Motor. His Clutch Masters Acura carried him to the event win, also. Coming into the World Finals Prayoonto had the points lead, and was able to win the championship when Jeremy Lookofsky, number two in points, lost in the second round.

Wow, said Prayoonto. It is a dream come true. The final round against (Scott) Kelley was a bonus. I want to thank my whole family, and Clutch Masters, Ron at IPS for their super motors, Super Tech, and Eneos Oil.

Personett won his eighth event of the season with his Titan Motorsports Scion tC.

The seasons over, said Personett. It was nice to put on a good show for the all the people who came out. The car shook, but went from A to B.

POMONA, Calif. -- Sunday's final results from the seventh Annual NHRA Sport Compact World Finals at Auto Club Raceway at Pomona. The race is the final of 11 in the NHRA Xplod Sport Compact Drag Racing Series:

PRO RWD
    Brad Personett, Orlando, Fla., '08 Scion, 6.531, 218.19 def.
    Manny Cruz, Bronx, N.Y., '02 Solara, 9.315, 92.83.

PRO FWD
    Marty Ladwig, San Antonio, Texas, '07 Cobalt, 7.338, 199.43 def.
    Gary Gardella, Howell, N.J., '07 Cobalt, 7.485, 194.44.

MODIFIED
    Ken Scheepers, Flower Mound, Texas, '05 RX8, 18.958, 39.61 def.
    Brent Rau, St Francis, Minn., '99 Eclipse, 19.527, 39.66.

HOT ROD
    Eric Del Rosario, Northridge, Calif., '00 Integra, 9.401, 155.79 was unopposed.

HONDA TUNING MAGAZINE ALL MOTOR
    Norris Prayoonoto, Springfield, Va., '04 Insight, 9.730, 132.78 def.
    Scott Kelley, Anaheim, Calif., '07 Corolla, 9.835, 136.47.

SPORT RWD
    Ali Afshar, Castate, Calif., '04 Subaru, 9.293, 148.76 def.
    Ari Yallon, Garland, Texas, '93 RX7, 9.901, 134.24.

URBANRACER.COM SPORT FWD
    Kyle Herrera, Kaysville, Utah, '99 Civic, 9.693, 152.85 def.
    Felix Medina, Ridgefield, , '92 Civic, 17.650, 45.73.

BFGOODRICH TIRES STREET STOCK
    Jermey Nicolodemos, West Jordan, Utah, '98 Neon, 12.439, 132.97 def.
    Mike Chace, Reno, Nev., '94 Del Sol, 14.585, 93.91

QUICK 16
    Troy Palmer, Irvine, Calif., '60 VW, 11.010, 121.08 def.
    Karl Martin, Riverton, Utah, '93 RX7, 9.935, 132.97.

[​IMG]

Scion จาก Titan Motorsport รายการนี้วิ่ง [email protected] คงเส้นคงวา . .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

คันนี้เป็นเครื่องยนต์ 4สูบ ที่เร็วที่สุดในรายการนี้ เครื่องยนต์เป็น 4G63 ขนาด1400Hp เป็นBody Shell เค้าโครงรูปเเบบEclpse เคยทําเวลาดีที่สุด 6.86 Sec. Max Speed 320 Km./hr จากทีม Magnus Motorsport ที่น่าสนใจคับ เป็นรถ Block 4 สูบ Turbo ที่สามารถซัดกับ Block 6 สูบ ได้อย่างไม่กลัวเกรง :cool:

สําหรับคันนี้มี Cilp มาให้ดูกันด้วย . . ว่าจะเเรงขนาดไหน ที่ผมว่าไปนั้น (Cilp อยู่ด้านล่างเลย)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ดีใจกันใหญ่เลย Mazda Speed :D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFyWYDEL9CY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8ETZE36i4o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdwCQo54kiM&mode=related&search=

แก้ไขล่าสุดโดยผู้ดูแล: 22 ตุลาคม 2007
  2. dome2dome

dome2dome New Member Member

ไม่เห็นมีรูปรถคุณโก้เลย น่าดีใจนะครับแชมป์โลกคนไทย

“Wow,” said Prayoonto. “It is a dream come true. The final round against (Scott) Kelley was a bonus. I want to thank my whole family, and Clutch Masters, Ron at IPS for their super motors, Super Tech, and Eneos Oil.”

3. TUMKUNG_naraka

TUMKUNG_naraka New Member Member

คับน่าภูมิใจมากๆ กับเเชมป์โลกคนไทย กะสถิติโลกเก่งมากๆ คับ

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >

แบ่งปันหน้านี้