Rest In Peace

การสนทนาใน 'Drag Racing' เริ่มโดย Dr. Jeff Harper, 24 พฤศจิกายน 2008

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Dr. Jeff Harper

Dr. Jeff Harper New Member Racer

I would like to express my sincere condolences and sympathy to the families and friends of those killed in the senseless accident last Saturday night at BDA, as well as my best wishes for a fast and complete recovery of those injured.

Although this is a sad and senseless tragedy, it does not have to be meaningless. Let this tragedy become the reason all race fans, racers, track operators, and sponsors to begin to work together to improve, and professionalize, all aspects of the sport we love so much, especially safety. These good people should not die for nothing.

We falang have a saying about Thailand:

Q. "What's best about Thailand?"
    A. "Mai Pen Lai."
    Q. "What's worst about Thailand?"
    A. "Mai Pen Lai."

Safety: Pen Lai.

The way forward, in my humble opinion, involves the formation of a Thai Drag Racing Association (TDRA) that inspects drag strips, sanctions drag strips, sets and enforces safety standards, inspects and certifies race cars for competition, educates track operators and racers about safety, and generally looks after the safety of racers, spectators, and the general good reputation of drag racing. An association working for the benefit of all those involved in drag racing will require the cooperation of all involved. In other words, "pen lai". Racers, promoters, and track operators will have to accept some restrictions on what they can do to their cars and tracks in the interests of safety . . . and not complain, but be glad for the help.

Let us all make sure that the race last Saturday was not only a milestone in Thai Drag racing history because of the first six second run, but also because it started the drag racing community to take seriously the mutual responsibility we all share in making sure lives are protected . . . while we are having fun.

Pen lai.

INTER_ZONE ถูกใจสิ่งนี้
  2. Fluid

Fluid New Member VIP

Long story, it depend on how associated can do it for. Till now nothing happen, Thai racers have to accept all you can see. Even someone told them to improve safety zone but no response. Now police closed them, it come to some poem in Thai that "something missed, just awake".

Goof luck for everyone, this is Thailand.

3. gri

gri New Member Member

The expensive lessons for Thailand Motorsport.

And from that lessons, all race tracks in Thailand should

be upgraded with somethings to make the better safety.

4. อุ้ม

อุ้ม New Member Member

I would like to give a deepest sorrow for this tragedy too.
    And hope that all concerned people will get better soon.

But in my opinion, I think some people missed it also.
    The people who enjoy looking many race cars in BDA should have more care.
    Every one know that how fast they(Racers)can make after 200M.
    That's very dangerous and I'll never go like that.
    but some people they always do.Anyway,the river has no returns.

RIP for all 10 killed.
    And hope many injuries get well soon.

Thanks a lot.

5. t@e_looks

t@e_looks New Member Member

ใครใจดีแปลให้หน่อยสิ อยากอ่านๆ

6. Jern

Jern New Member Member

OOhhhhh ...WoWoooooooooo....

Yesๆๆๆๆๆๆ

5555++

7. ASFasT_AS

ASFasT_AS New Member VIP

อุ๊ย !!! เข้าผิดบอร์ด อ่านไม่ออก

8. ZCrewz

ZCrewz Member Member

safety zone . . .

a sad loss for the racing community.... :'(

9. Dr. Jeff Harper เค้าบอกว่าอะไรเหรอคับ

ใครก็ได้แปลให้หน่อย อยากรุ้ความเห็นของฝรั่ง

10. gri

gri New Member Member

สรุปให้ครับ

เขาบอกว่า เขาเศร้าเสียใจอย่างมากกับเหตุการณ์ที่เกิดขึ้น

และขอให้เหตุการณ์นี้เป็นบทเรียนโดยคนที่ตายต้องไม่ตายฟรี

และทุกฝ่ายที่เกี่ยวข้องกับการแข่งขัน ควรจะปรับปรุงระบบความปลอดภัยให้ดีกว่านี้

และเหตุการณ์นี้ไม่ควรจะเป็นเพียงแค่ milestone ของประวัติศาสตร์วงการ

มอเตอร์สปอร์ตประเทศไทย แต่ควรที่จะพัฒนาวงการนี้ต่อไป

เพื่อที่เราจะได้มาสนุกกับกีฬานี้ได้ โดยมีความปลอดภัยในชีวิตมากขึ้น

------------------------------------------------

ส่วน Q กับ A นั่นแปลตามนี้ครับ

Q. "อะไรที่ดีสุดเกี่ยวกับประเทศไทย?"
    A. "ไม่เป็นไร."

Q. "อะไรที่แย่สุดเกี่ยวกับประเทศไทย?"
    A. "ไม่เป็นไร."

ความปลอดภัย: เป็นไร

น่าจะประมาณนี้ครับ

11. markymaclmb

markymaclmb Guest

As a gearhead and motor sports enthusiast, I too see the importance of safety first. And I agree with you Dr. Harper that the way forward is to have a hub of safety to monitor the tracks, cars, and update any rules and regulations that leads to a safer and enjoyable pastime event for both onlookers and racers.

I see that the years have progressed with many speed records being broken...slowly but surely creeping into the FUNNY CAR and TOP FUEL speed records...fueled by sponsorship and racing spirit...but what we cannot over look is increased safety that comes with the increased speeds...it is the only sensible thing to do by introducing Thailand's first body of power to regulate and monitor all races...

Thai people tend to have a Mai Pen Rai attitude...until an accident of this magnitude occurs and then Thai People slowly step back a few steps to mourn the losses of loved ones and what might have happend if they were in their shoes...

What is ironic is that Thai people tend to forget easily and move on....THUS back to square one....which is "MAI PEN RAI"

---I don't race professionally only because Thai's don't do races professionally as of this moment... I value my life more than a trophy....and until I am ready financially and the TRACKS and Regulations are UP TO STANDARDS....then I may consider racing....but for now....I'll just enjoy the show and drive carefully on the roads...

-Lertsiri Boonmee
    Markymaclmb
    Honda Integra Type R-CORE Thailand

12. We falang have a saying about Thailand:

Q. "What's best about Thailand?"
    A. "Mai Pen Lai."
    Q. "What's worst about Thailand?"
    A. "Mai Pen Lai."

Safety: Pen Lai.

โดนใจ

13. civicvertu

civicvertu New Member Member

THX..

14. GAP_B11

GAP_B11 Well-Known Member VIP

อ่านไม่ออกเหมือนกันเลยคุณพี่ :):):)

15. .....

i just wounder what police would do with the driver, i think that it would be unfair if he will get any panishment. i think that at any race track, everyone has to take care of their personal safety...

here is a little example of the condition enterring in to race.
    -You are advised that attending the Race may involve danger and risk to your personal safety. You are responsible for all children under your care

Each Ticket Holder acknowledges and accepts that motor racing, the Race and certain activities associated therewith (including without limitation, support races) are dangerous and accidents can happen and that there is a possibility of an accident causing injury, death or property damage or loss, and accordingly, Ticket Holders attending the Race do so at their own risk. Ticket Holders acknowledge the risks associated with attending or participating in the Race include but are not limited to the risk of suffering harm as a result of motor vehicles (or parts of them) colliding with other motor vehicles, persons or property. All spectators are advised that attending the Race may involve danger and risk to their personal safety, and that they are responsible for all children under their care.

16. torevo3

torevo3 New Member Member

อืม

17. ^BANK^

^BANK^ Well-Known Member VIP

ฮาครับพี่น้อง ๕๕๕๕๕๕:D:D

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >

แบ่งปันหน้านี้